POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Team Lead comprises all aspects of a Support Mentor job description, as well as the additional specifics as stated here. The Team Lead is the middle person responsible for collaborating with the Housing Resource Team, participants’ Case Managers & Case Workers that would help meet program goals and objectives. This position is to lead the direct support team at the home, maintain, and implement the philosophy of Oshki-Giizhig Inc. through positive, supportive, motivating leadership — and creative facilitation.
Liaison, Leadership; Motivate and Guide the Team By:
- Developing a relationship based on respect, honesty and trust with each participant
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to the philosophy of Oshki-Giizhig Inc.
- Acting as a role model (lead by example)
- Ensuring information is organized and easily accessible to the team
- Assisting individual team members to take ownership by suggesting creative solutions
- Being accountable for your actions
- Being a support during stressful times and good times
- Working closely with the management team
- Offering LOTS of praise and appreciation, so team members feel important – this is motivating!
- Being creative!
- Being solution based
- Facilitate positive communications
The Individuals Oshki-Giizhig Inc. Support: Ensuring The Best Support Possible Is Given By:
- Listening to family, and communicating with them in the way that makes them most
- Clearly documenting important information
- Advocating, communicating with involved agencies and community
Policy/Philosophy; Ensuring It Is Understood And Upheld By:
- Being familiar with policy and procedure so that you can teach others
- Additional items as specified on monthly checklists or by supervisor
- Ensuring all household and individual documentation is clear and up to date
- Performing other duties and accepting responsibilities as situations change and the position requires
Qualifications: Post-secondary education in social work, social justice, indigenous studies, health related, and/or a combination of pertinent experiences in these areas. Knowledge of disabilities, disorders, and mental health issues. Knowledge of Community Residences provincial licencing process and requirements. Experience with shift staffed homes.
- The Team Lead is schedule is Monday-Friday 4 pm -12 am one week, then the other week Wednesday to Sunday 4 pm -12 am. Weekend shifts may be 8-4 with discussion with the Program Manager.
- The Team Lead will be expected to be a part of the housing on- call rotation every 6-7 weeks
- Salary begins at $20.10/hr
Please submit resume to:
Or fax 1-844-270-1941
Deadline November 15th, 2022.